Duchesnay Inc., located in Blainville, Quebec, in the Lower Laurentians, is a specialty pharmaceutical company with a long-standing commitment to women’s health. Until recently, the company focused on filling the void in terms of scientific research and education and on developing pharmacological solutions that are safe and effective for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Today, Duchesnay has broadened its portfolio of products to offer safe and effective therapeutic options that meet the health and quality of life needs of women and their family members at different stages of their lives.
Duchesnay offers its employees state-of-the-art facilities and a stimulating and safe work environment.
Role and responsibilities
The incumbent will work with the team to develop the marketing strategy for each product or area of expertise (KAM, US, rare diseases) and to support the commercial approach to the portfolio, using all available sources to optimize results. His/her primary responsibilities will include:
Marketing (strategic component)
- Develop, in alignment with the overall strategy, an annual plan specific to each product (or need), as well as marketing plans per product with short, medium and long-term goals and including corporate sales objectives and the proposed strategies and tactics to meet expectations
- Develop marketing plans, including a detailed action plan, a promotions program, communication platforms and promotional tools, using data from market analyses and precise operational objectives (qualitative and quantitative data)
- Prepare financial forecasts for marketing, promotional budgets, market demand forecasts and anticipated market share
- Collaborate with the Strategic Support Specialist to monitor and analyze product performance
- Maintain close relationships with Key opinion leaders
- Assess priorities for the entire portfolio and recommend adjustments, if necessary
- Participate in conferences/conventions and meetings in order to identify and understand customer needs, as well as market trends and opportunities
- Identify and understand the needs of primary clients in order to optimize tools
- Actively participate in various aspects of marketing while taking portfolio product lifecycles into account and adapt action plans according to whether the launch concerns a prescription product, an over-the-counter product, a multi-channel approach, etc.
- Assess the relevance and profitability of an innovative electronic approach in the display strategies of “go-to-market” brands.
Marketing (tactical component)
- Maintain relationships with agencies in order to ensure close monitoring of the various tactical steps in the production of materials or the advancement of specific strategic projects
- Carefully review promotional pieces and concepts
- When necessary, ensure that promotional pieces are submitted to the MLR authorities (Canada or United States)
- Submit to and follow up with relevant accreditation agencies (PAAB, OPDP);
- Support the Sales and Marketing team for the implementation of medical education programs
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations regarding tools, strategy and implementation scripts
- Create relevant slides for training and/or sales meetings
- Strong business sense and strategic thinking
- Good judgment favouring sound decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Customer-needs-focused and results-oriented
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative and meticulous
- Bachelor of Science or Administration (MBA would be an asset)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales, market analysis or product management (industry or related affiliations, agency)
- Experience in market studies, promotion and pharmaceutical advertising
- Commercial or product launch experience on the American market or in rare diseases would be a major asset
- Solid knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system and of the American market would be assets
- Experience in niche markets would be an asset
- Experience in the creation and implementation of strategies for growth and product launches would be assets
- Experience in managing projects involving diverse multifunctional teams and the management of external resources
- Mastery of French and English (spoken and written)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Project
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of fringe benefits. This is a permanent position and available immediatly.
If you are interested and have the required qualifications, please submit your resume by July 31st, 2018 by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Duchesnay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.