Duchesnay Inc., located in Blainville, Quebec, in the Lower Laurentians, is a specialty pharmaceutical company with a long-standing commitment to women’s health. Until recently, the company focused on filling the void in terms of scientific research and education and on developing pharmacological solutions that are safe and effective for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Today, Duchesnay has broadened its portfolio of products to offer safe and effective therapeutic options that meet the health and quality of life needs of women and their family members at different stages of their lives.
Duchesnay offers its employees state-of-the-art facilities and a stimulating and safe work environment.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Production, the Associate Director, Technical Services, is responsible for planning, optimizing and managing the activities of the Technical Services department in a context of growth and continuous improvement.
Tasks and responssbilities
- Support the Senior Director, Production, by acting as liaison between Production and Technical Services
- Develop, implement and manage the validation program
- Ensure the maintenance, calibration and availability of equipment and services to meet production needs
- Maintain a directory of equipment updates based on work performed, particularly during implementation, in order to create a record of the equipment’s history
- Review internal and/or external validation protocols
- Prepare detailed plans for the execution of validation protocols
- Participate in acceptance tests at the manufacturer’s facility or in the factory (FAT)
- Assist in determining the validation actions required as a result of change controls
- Monitor change controls related to equipment and services
- Ensure that the Technical Services budget is maintained
- Identify support required internally and by subcontractors
- Lead the design, development and implementation of measures to reduce the risk of equipment and instrument failures
- Supervise telephone and building security services
- Carry out various special projects, as needed
- Ensure that health and safety and environmental instructions, procedures and standards are followed
- Ensure compliance with applicable GMP, GLP and health and safety standards, policies and procedures
- Act as technical expert for production activities
- Replace the Senior Director, Production, when necessary
Supervision of personnel
- Empower employees regarding organizational and personal goals
- Establish objectives and expectations for his/her work team
- Conduct performance evaluations for his/her work team
- Create a collaborative and trusting relationship with his/her entire work team
- Participate in the selection and integration of staff assigned to the work team
- Ensure that employees under his/her supervision comply with Duchesnay's policies and procedures
- Promote a harmonious work environment
- Participatory leadership and staff management
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to perform top-quality work under pressure
- Methodical, thorough and respectful of deadlines
- Autonomy, initiative and sense of responsibility
- Keen sense of observation, sound judgment
- Safety and quality oriented, while being productive
- Customer-oriented, results-oriented
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/management role
- Excellent knowledge of GMP and technical knowledge of pharmaceutical processes
- WHMIS training
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement principles
- Innovative approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Bilingualism (French and English) spoken and written.
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of fringe benefits. This is a permanent position and available immediatly.
If you are interested and have the required qualifications, please submit your resume by July 5, 2019 by e-mail at:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Duchesnay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.