Duchesnay Inc., located in Blainville, Quebec, in the Lower Laurentians, is a specialty pharmaceutical company with a long-standing commitment to women’s health. Until recently, the company focused on filling the void in terms of scientific research and education and on developing pharmacological solutions that are safe and effective for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Today, Duchesnay has broadened its portfolio of products to offer safe and effective therapeutic options that meet the health and quality of life needs of women and their family members at different stages of their lives.
Duchesnay offers its employees state-of-the-art facilities and a stimulating and safe work environment.
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Associate Director, Technical Services. He/she will be responsible for the following:
Preventive maintenance and calibration
- Perform production-related preventive maintenance tasks on equipment and utilities (HVAC, compressed)
- Collaborate with sub-contractors on certain jobs
Corrective maintenance and production support
- Perform troubleshooting (corrective maintenance) related to mechanical, electrical and programmable controllers in the event of breakdowns or failures
- Participate in equipment repairs (independently or as part of a team)
- Investigate the origin of issues encountered
- Participate in equipment and utility start-ups and validation activities (perform tests, investigate variances and issues encountered)
- Act as a technical expert on production equipment
- Participate in various continuous improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with operators and managers to optimize processes and performance
- Investigate operational deviation reports, execute assigned CAPAs, identify corrective measures and participate in their implementation
- Participate in the development of new formulations and the technical transfer of processes
- Participate in the specification and purchase of equipment
- Monitor utilities remotely and respond to alarms
- Perform any other tasks related to the function
- Autonomy, initiative and sense of responsibility
- Versatility and flexibility
- Sense of observation; critical, analytical and logical mindset
- Communication and work-related organization skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Safety and quality oriented, while being productive
- High school diploma (DES), DVS or DEC in Industrial Mechanics, Electromechanics or other relevant training
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent working knowledge of electricity, electronics, mechanics and other relevant fields
- Technical knowledge of utilities (HVAC, compressed air)
- Technical knowledge of production and packaging equipment
- Technical knowledge of pharmaceutical processes, solid forms
- Knowledge of PLC industrial programming would be an asset
- Machine tool operation would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of GMP
- Ability to lift heavy loads (30 kg)
- Good knowledge of French, spoken and written
- Functional knowledge of English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of fringe benefits. This is a permanent position and available immediatly.
If you are interested and have the required qualifications, please submit your resume.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Duchesnay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.